Marysville First UMC Youth Ministry for students in 5th-6th grades is on Wednesdays from 6:30-8pm!
Outbreak exists as a way to form our 5th and 6th graders in the love of Christ and allow them to experience youth ministry before they join our larger program of Quake. Our lessons are centered around loving God and loving others, with practical application to their lives at school.
We meet on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00pm!
Check-In & Hang out - 6:30-6:45pm
Worship & Lesson - 6:45-7:15pm***
Snack & Hangout Time 6:45-7:15pm
Life Groups - 7:15-8pm
*** The worship and lesson will also be recorded and posted the next day to the church's YouTube account at bit.ly/mfumcyoutube for those unable to attend in person on the 1st and 3rd week of each month.
This year, we are doing this a bit different due to COVID-19. We are trying to be outside as much as possible. We will be having students and adult leaders wearing a mask at all activities. We will begin our time by meeting in the gym.
An individual pre-packaged snack and a drink will be provided for free.
Make sure to bring a chair and water bottle for yourself.
We will NOT be meeting on November 25 due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
Outbreak has a monthly rotation of these five sessions:
1. Learn: We take a passage of scripture and discuss how it applies to our lives and what God desires for us.
2. Become: We offer workshops that teach kids skills (like playing chess, making a headband, doing a memory book, building birdhouses, etc) to help them see how God wants to use the gifts and talents they have to glorify him.
3. Enjoy: We will have a Scriptural devotion, play some games, and enjoy a time of fellowship together.
4. Service: We take an opportunity to put our lessons into practice by serving others through making cookies for prisoners, doing Operation Christmas Child, making Valentines Cards for nursing home residents, and more.
5. Lead: On this night, which will happen twice this year, the High School volunteers will be taking over to lead the message, activities, games, and worship.