You belong here! Dive into a community focused on loving God and loving people.
Quake is each Sunday from 6pm-8pm. We are in a series called "Messes and Miracles."
We will have worship, a lesson, snacks, and then head into Life Groups. We are in a series called "Messes & Miracles."
See our food policy below in the "Sundays at Quake" section.
5/9 - No Quake on 5/9 due to Mother's Day
5/16 - Quake's Senior Night
5/23 - Graduation Sunday at both services
Outbreak is back on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00pm!
We will be continuing our series on the "the Beatitudes" from Matthew 5:3-12 and having other activities.
We will have individually packed snacks and a drink for free.
Starting on 5/25, 5th and 6th Grade Sunday School will be online and in-person in room 245-246 at the 10:30am service.
When meeting in-person, we are making the best effort to maintain the following guidelines for our youth ministry’s use of the church facilities and van, and for their ministry events off-site:
- Social Distancing: Stay 6 feet apart as much as possible.
- Handwashing: Frequent hand washing / sanitization, encourage coughs and sneezes to be into a tissue that’s disposed or into one’s elbow, and insist that youth presenting signs of illness stay home.
- Masks: Masks are currently required during all youth events and activities that are indoors.* For outdoor activities masks are not required if participating in the activity. If not participating you need to maintain a 6 feet distance or you must wear a mask. (Example outdoor kickball – participating in the activity you don’t have to wear a mask but sitting on the sidelines you do unless 6 feet apart)
- Food: Only food that is prepared in individual, non-shared ways following the basic food preparation guidelines from the State Health Director for these COVID times shall be provided (for instance: boxed lunches, canned beverages, bottles of water, individually packaged pizza slices, individually packaged snacks etc.). These items are to be distributed by our leaders, who will all be wearing gloves at all times.
- Transportation: When people who are not of the same household are sitting beside one another in the same row, the center seat(s) should be left empty. Thus, in our 15 passenger vans, the total capacity for a group that includes entirely separate households would be 10 (driver, front passenger, then two per row).
- Overnight sleeping in the building: Prohibited for now unless given permission by the leadership team.
- Cleaning supplies are present in rooms and upon the end of the use of the room that should be used to wipe down surfaces touched (such as table tops, chair backs, door handles, etc.) at the conclusion of use.
- For off-site events, the Ohio state guidelines for Youth Sports and Parks and Recreation shall serve as general guidelines for safe youth ministry events.
*For highly intense activities, we may allow no masks for those participating in the activity.
Transformation Zone is our local misson trip where we join with 5-7 other churches to do local mission work in our community. Register at bit.ly/tzone2021
QUAKE: Exiting 7th-12th graders
Date: July 11-16, 2021
Cost: $100 ($25 +$75 add-on)
OUTBREAK: Exiting 7th-12th graders
Date: July 11-13, 2021
Cost $50 ($25 + $25 add-on)
Theme: "THRIVE" from John 10:10
We will be doing in-person worship, service projects, devotionals and meals (lunch & dinner) from 10am to 8pm. We will NOT be sleeping at the church.
When registering, make sure to click the appropriate "add-on" for the fee for service projects, food, and other supplies ($75 for Quake & $25 for Outbreak). Registration open from May 1 to June 20.
Church can be an intimidating place to visit — especially if you don’t know what to expect. We invite you to experience hope, joy, and love while you are here. When you arrive you will check-in at our Quake check-in Station in the Burnside Family Life Center (the gym). Then head on into the gym for some fun and free time. Next, we will have some sing some songs and hear a teaching in the Upper Room. Then, we will have pizza and pop in Daniel's Den. After that, we break into Life Groups.
NEW: During the lesson time, we will be recording message and posting the next day to our church's YouTube page for all students who are unable to come to in-person Quake.. Go to bit.ly/mfumcyoutube to participate in the lesson at Outbreak! It will most likely happen right around 6:00pm.
FOOD AT QUAKE:
We are going to start serving pizza again at Quake starting this Sunday. Denise Dunn has been very helpful in showing us what the Marysville school cafeterias do to ensure food safety and we will follow their lead in providing a meal. We will have adults with sanitized hands, gloved, and masks box up the pizza ahead of time to hand out to the students with a drink and snack.
The cost is $3.00 for two slices of pizza in a pizza box, drink, and snack.
NOTE THIS CHANGE: We will have a bucket out for cash payments but will not be making change to ensure the best food safety protocol. Payment needs exact cash or you can pay online through the giving app (https://pushpay.com/pay/marysvillefumc - select “Youth”). If you would like to pay for multiple weeks at once feel free to do that. We are going off of the honor system for food and it will be on the families to keep track of it.
We will have students go to their life groups to eat or spread out in the gym depending on the week.
If you are not wanting your student to participate in eating together, please inform them and have them eat before you come.
At Quake, we love to serve, because Jesus has called us to love our neighbor. Each year, we have ways to serve throughout the year. In the summer, we intentionally go on short-term mission trips to share the love and Good News of Jesus with our world.
We look for God’s love in our lives as evidence that we have been truly worshipping Him. At Quake, worship is central to everything. Worship means learning to recognize God’s goodness while delighting to deepen our responses.
We believe that practical, relevant teaching is the catalyst for transformation in an individual's life. Scripture is inspired by God and is the guide for Christian living.
Don't have a Bible? No worries, we will give you one for FREE!
We know that being able to talk openly about the questions you have with your faith helps you grow in faith. Each week, we intentionally spend time in Life Group - small groups of people to ask questions and seek out God's truth together!
Once a month, we plan a Fellowship Night where we have a dinner provided by a group in our church. There are lots of fun games and activities.
The other Sundays, we have a time set aside for dinner between worship and life groups for fellowship and a meal.